ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [embed] Standalone release ?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:06:44 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Sorry to barge in in this thread, but it worries me when Ant (or one of
> its potential successor and/or extension) starts depending on other
> projects (from Jakarta or elsewhere), themselves built using Ant...

I agree. And that's one of the problems we are trying to solve -
by moving tasks into separate modules.

[embed] does have some tasks that depend on external projects -
used mostly as proof-of-concept and testing. If/after the hook
they depend on are accepted, those tasks can be either moved to
the external projects ( contributed to jxpath, velocity ) or
built as standalone modules.

In the end we should have a minimal ant core ( including possibly the
current set of core tasks ), and several mostly independent modules.
Various 'hooks' can be plugged using discovery ( like different
xml processors - like embed or another flavor ).

Costin

--
Costin