ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [embed] Standalone release ?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:47:07 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

>> My primary goal is to have a number of features and code adopted
>> for the next release of ant. A secondary goal is to have all those
>> features available to ant1.5, so people can use them right away.
>
> Well I am fairly opposed to some of the features you have added and I
> don't see them as improvements. I think the best strategy for you to get
> something released is to move the code to commons and do a release or two
> there. Then you can try to repropose (or not) the features into ant.

Well, right now embed is an ant proposal and I see no reason to change
that.

Each feature will be proposed to a (majority) vote, when I feel it is
ready - and if it is accepted I'll move it to head, if not I'll either
drop it or continue to work on it as a proposal and address eventual
concerns.

> It would also be to your advantage to get gump builds working for your
> fork. I had myrmidon builds going in parrallel to the main gump build and
> then did a diff on the the "scorecard" to see the differences between
> myrmidon and main ant tree. The infrastructure is all in gump and I am
> sure that Sam/Stefan would be happy to have embed running on at least one
> of the boxes each night.

I have gump working ( on my own system ), and so far there are no
differences. I'll check with Sam about adding them to one of the
boxes after I find a clean way to do it ( right now I hacked some files ).

Costin