ant-dev mailing list archives

From "didge" <di...@foundrylogic.com>
Subject RE: ANT generated deployment script
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:54:00 GMT
Use Texen.  See the velocity project.  I would subclass the TexenTask and
override the populateInitialContext method to put the current project into
the context, say with the key "ant".  This will allow you to create a very
simple output file template, then populate with properties from your script.
You'll be able to access any of your ant project's properties from within
the template using "$ant.somePropertyName".

didge

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, Jeremy [mailto:jeranderson@amerisourcebergen.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 11:32 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: ANT generated deployment script

I've looked through the documentation but found nothing.

Does ANT have the ability to write a file?  I'd like ANT to create a new
deployment script after packaging and then mail package w/script.
Packaging/mailing are easy, but howto write the deployment script (possibly
from a template?)

Thanks,

j.anderson