ant-dev mailing list archives

From jlcarpen...@household.com
Subject Re: Looking for map with collection values with contains method at map level
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:18:18 GMT

I messed up the example.  It should read:
//Example
FancyMap fm = new FancyMap();

Collection col1 = new ArrayList();
col1.add("jimmy");
col1.add("was");
col1.add("here");

Collection col2 = new ArrayList();
col2.add("gonzo's");
col2.add("big"):
col2.add("nose");

fm.put("key1", col1);
fm.put("key2", col2);

boolean wordFound = fm.anyCollectionContains("jimmy");

An implementation I quickly made as an inner class is:

      private class CollectionMap extends HashMap {
            public CollectionMap() {
                  super();
            }
            public boolean anyCollectionContains(Object o1) {
                  boolean objectFound = false;

                  Collection values = this.values();
                  Iterator iter = values.iterator();
                  while (iter.hasNext()) {
                        Collection value = (Collection) iter.next();
                        if (value.contains(o1)) {
                              objectFound = true;
                              break;
                        }
                  }

                  return objectFound;
            }
      }

I was simply hoping to find something as part of a popular library,
preferably ant or commons related.

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer
Household Technical Services
6602 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111

ph: 858-609-2461
email: jlcarpenter@household.com

                           jlcarpenter@household       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                           .com                        cc:

                                                       Subject:       Looking for map with
collection values with contains method
                           09/13/2002 03:14 PM                 at map level

                           Please respond to

                           "Ant Developers List"

I am looking for a Map implementation that assumes its values are
Collection objects.

The only extra functionality I am looking for above and beyond the Map
interface is for the Map to have a contains method that returns a boolean
indicating whether any of the collections within the map contains the
argument of the contains method.

//Example
FancyMap fm = new FancyMap();

Collection col1 = new ArrayList();
col1.add("jimmy");
col1.add("was");
col1.add("here");

Collection col2 = new ArrayList();
col2.add("gonzo's");
col2.add("big"):
col2.add("nose");

fm.add(col1);
fm.add(col2);

boolean wordFound = fm.contains("jimmy");