ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Project .java
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:13:20 GMT
FWIW, this kind of method releasing resources is usually called dispose().

-DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 3:24 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
Project.java

On 10 Sep 2002, <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

>   We may want to think of cleaning this list up for extra leak
>   prevention.

At which point would the list be best cleaned?  Only place I can think
of is when the project is done - at this point either Ant exits or the
project reference itself is invalidated (in Ant.java for example).

We could add an explicit clear method that could be used by <ant>,
this one could then clear the property, task and data-type definition
tables as well.

Stefan