ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: Jar file from Verbose Output
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:26:18 GMT
Without the explicit <classfilter>, nothing of bcel.jar gets pulled in,
probably because of the site-excludes file you mentioned, and that I didn't
know about. I'll try tweaking it eventually. Thanks for the input, and
educating me ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Stockall []
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 5:22 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: RE: Jar file from Verbose Output

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 18:00, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> If it can, I never found out how, and I'll be happy to learn how to do it
> from you. GenJar didn't pull in the few classes of BCEL.jar my own classes
> depended upon, and I had to manually tell it which one I wanted (using a
> trial and error approach, adding little by little the classes not

One of GenJar's hidden features is the automatic exclusion of org.apache
packages. Inside the GenJar.jar there is a file called site-excludes, it
contain's the list of packages that won't be included unless explicitly

These are hard coded:

As these are read from the site-excludes file included in the jar.

You can either modify / remove the site-excludes file or change your
<classfilter> element.

  <include name="org.apache.bcel." />

I think that will handle the org.apache.bcel.classfile. and
org.apache.bcel.util. packages as well.

 Jesse Stockall

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>