ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Felder, Brian" <BFel...@providence.org>
Subject Optional task: Visual Basic.NET compile
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:50:30 GMT
In our environment, in addition to Java code, we have C# and VB.NET
code that we need to include in our builds. I have used the CSharp
compiler optional task, but have not found a task to call the VB.NET
compiler. Attached is a simple, initial cut at a VB.NET compilation
task; it is a trivial extension to the CSharp optional .NET task.
Although I have not tried it with complicated builds, it seems to work
well with some simple cases I have tried so far.

The extension involves extending the CSharp task in the following ways:

o Changing the compiler name and file extension
o Changing the file separator in the DEFAULT_REFERENCE_LIST from
  semicolons to commas
o Overriding getDefaultReferenceParameter() (which uses the
  DEFAULT_REFERENCE_LIST)
o Overriding getSrcDir(), in order to be able to set the _srcDir
  in the VisualBasicCompile class
o In the execute() method, removing some of the compiler options
  that do not work in VB

Since there is so much common functionality between VB.NET and C#
compilation, it seems it would make sense to derive both from a common
superclass, rather than extending one from the other (as I have done).

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for submitting code;
please let me know if there is another place for this. Also, I would
be glad to help refactor this and the CSharp task to derive from a
common superclass, if this would make sense.

Thank you,
----
Brian Felder
Software Engineer
Providence Health System
bfelder@providence.org
503.216.2433

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.