ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Everitt, Andrew" <Andrew.Ever...@gbr.xerox.com>
Subject RE: Is anyone using ANT with jUnit tests written with jFunc
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:22:25 GMT
All,

I've worked out what's going on. Ant works out the test case name using the
getTestCaseName method in JUnitVersionHelper, the trouble is it only tries
to read the name if the Test is an instanceof junit.framework.TestCase. This
works fine for any standard jUnit tests but doesn't work for something like
jfunc which provides its own implementation of of the junit.framework.Test
interface. It's a pain that junit.framework.Test doesn't define the getName
method! I don't think there's a way round this without giving ant specific
knowledge of jfunc - if anyone can see a solution I'd be grateful.

Cheers,
Andi

-----Original Message-----
From: Everitt, Andrew
Sent: 12 September 2002 12:56
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: Is anyone using ANT with jUnit tests written with jFunc

Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem before I spend an
afternoon re-inventing the wheel ;-).

I have a jUnit test that uses the jFunc extension and I am running it using
the junit task in Ant. When I create the report from the results all the
test case names show up as 'unknown' (the XML formatter shows "<testcase
name="unknown" time="1.593"></testcase>". I must be missing something, I
can't work out how to get a sensible name to appear.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Andi