ant-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <>
Subject Re: properties file and trailing space
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:08:17 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Henri Gomez <> wrote:
>>I was using ant 1.5 but wonder if these couldn't be still present
>>in latest ant ?
> It will still be present - how would you define a property with a
> value that had a trailing space if Ant trimmed them?

Sure, but you must admit that it could be serious cause of problem

> I think it would be straight forward to use <loadproperty> and add a
> filterreader (yet to be written) that trimmed the lines if you wanted
> to avoid this.

Sure, but as you know, when you're warned about this trailing space
feature, you take care after. May be just something to add in faq
and property docs...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message