ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: Status of PATCHES
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:59:24 GMT

> Remember, bringing stuff in and writing tests takes time. I spend last
> sunday am doing the schema support with tests and stuff, only to have to
> roll back the next day. Tests and docs go a long way.

My symlink task has all needed tests and docs :) Just read it through
and drop it in, unless you see a problem :) If there is a problem, let
me know so I can fix it.

Chgrp/chown has docs, but no test since testing would require knowledge
of what groups/users exist on the system running the test. Since I
reworked the chmod task splitting it into an abstract class and 3 very
simple concrete implementations (chmod/chgrp/chown) There is only a very
small ammount of code that has been added in this patch. I have been
using the chgrp/chown tasks for a couple months on my project without
any problems. (I use them to set permissions on about 6,000 files [an
entire web site] about once a day). I think for the default permissions
I will switch to a chmod/chgrp/chown -R exec command for spped, but
having a task for setting permissions, makes it easy to leverage
filesets in a simple, readable quick way. (Simpler than setting up an apply)

Symlink is also used in my website rebuilds.

Gus