ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: ANT generated deployment script
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:59:41 GMT
You can write to a file with 'echo', but
that's like filing your build.xml with a bunch of 'println' style statements...
I suspect you want to keep your build specification clear of any
details like the contents of the file you are generating.

As Everitt suggests, if you can make a template, then you can copy the
template with <copy> and make replacements with <replace>. The values
to use for replacement could come from a property file, so that the combination
of a general template, a set of <replace>'s using value from a property
file gives you the flexibility you need. Or, perhaps something fancier
could be achieved using the XSLT capability.