ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@hatcher.net>
Subject Re: xdocs working?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:14:10 GMT
I just ran it myself and got this:

     [xdocs]   Generating output for
'org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ANTLR' using template file
'file:/Users/erik/dev/jakarta/jakarta-ant/proposal/xdocs/templates/task_xdoc.template'.
     [xdocs] Running XDoclet failed.
     [xdocs] <<org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ANTLR>>
     [xdocs] 1 error
     [xdocs] 61 warnings
     [xdocs] javadoc: In doclet class xdoclet.DocletTask$DocletMain,
method start has thrown an exception

I'm running it on a different box and environment than I did our
appendix E generation.  But here's the deal - xdocs requires running
with a *complete* version of Ant, meaning all the dependencies for the
third party stuff is available so that it can do a Class.forName and
newInstance (for EnumeratedAttribute lookup).

So, if you can provide all the JAR's (ANTLR.jar is missing in my case)
and a completely full version of Ant decked with all the tasks, then it
will run.

But aren't you running against Axis' code instead?  In that case, you'll
need the Axis libraries in the classpath as well as pointing at the
source code.  Tricky and fiddly to get running, but look at the results!

	Erik