ant-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <colin...@exis.com>
Subject JUnit task barfs on Linux on empty jvmarg value
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:43:52 GMT
This one hit us maybe a year and a half ago, but we only figured it out
now. If you call JUnit with fork="yes", and specify a blank jvmarg
         <jvmarg value=""/>
you will get
    [junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
with no stack trace or other information. You may ask why we would call
it with a blank value, but in fact we had a property in there that would
sometimes get expanded to something, and sometimes to nothing.

This is not a problem on Windows or Solaris (have not tried Solaris for
a while).

Note that I have not tried the recently release 1.5.1 beta, but I did
not see this on the list of changes.