ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Porting <fileset> 'file' attribute to 1.5 branch
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:11:32 GMT

Or even relative paths, which would be relative to basedir, as usual.

> > So only a single file can be turned into a FileSet, unless perhaps
> > there is logic to climb their directory trees and find a common root
> > and base them from there.
>
> Which only works if they are on the same file system for those exotic
> OSes with multiple file system roots.

Extending the fileset to include files with different roots would be another
possibility.  Maybe the path, fileset, and dirset structures can be merged
into a single structure sometime...

> > Wannheden, Knut wrote:
> >
> >> Further (as I'm not familiar with the details of the
> >> IntrospectionHelper) I was wondering what happens if the value
> >> identifies a non-existant file.  I suppose I will get a message
> >> like "No directory specified for <fileset>.", right?
>
> I think so, as soon as you use it.

In that case the error message is somewhat misleading.  Maybe that case
should be treated differently then.  Also, a check to make sure that not
both the file and dir attribute have been specified would be nice, otherwise
the behaviour isn't really predictable.

--
knut