ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Porting <fileset> 'file' attribute to 1.5 branch
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:49:38 GMT
Hi,

If you add the file attribute to the AbstractFileSet class I suppose that it
will be available for both the <fileset> and <dirset> tasks, right?  In that
case the attribute name is maybe somewhat unfortunate.  E.g.

	<dirset file="somedir"/>

Maybe a more neutral attribute as "select" or "includes" would be a good
idea.  Although using "includes" could be confusing too...  But that raises
another question:  Why not extend the concept to several files instead of a
single file?  E.g.

	<fileset file="foo.txt,bar.txt"/>

Further (as I'm not familiar with the details of the IntrospectionHelper) I
was wondering what happens if the value identifies a non-existant file.  I
suppose I will get a message like "No directory specified for <fileset>.",
right?  Maybe the setFile(File) method should check the file, or at least
its parent directory for existence.

Cheers,

--
knut