ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Trying to understand Ant task
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:23:08 GMT
Erik,

> And, there is a createProperty on Ant.java - which is what you were
> asking about originally.

Gotcha. I had missed that. I was only looking for addXX and addConfiguredXXX
and had forgotten about createXXX. Makes sense now.

> Nested elements do not have to be DataType's to work - it simply takes
> the object corresponding to the adder/creator method and populates it
> with the same logic in IntrospectionHelper.

Right. I was baffled mostly because the only class I could find for Property
was the Task. It never occurred to me that Ant was instantiating (but not
executing) the Property task for this purpose. I am catching on :) albeit
slowly :p

> I'd recommend you browse through IntrospectionHelper to understand how
> this stuff works better.  All the answers lie there!

Yes! I've skimmed through a few times but I can see that * mastering *
IntrospectionHelper is the key!

Much obliged as always,

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer