ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Looking for map with collection values with contains method a t map level
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:38:51 GMT
James,

I would recommend looking at the jakarta commons collections project
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections.html). They have a
SequencedHashMap class that iterates very efficiently through its Mappings.
But it sounds like what you are trying do would be better served by nesting
maps. You may want to see MultiMap too. It does seem like you may just want
to nest Maps and call the containsValue / containsKey methods.

See also http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/api/index.html

If you are striving for 1.x compatibilitym as the the tasks which ship with
Ant do, I am afraid that the commons collections classes won't do you much
good though since they build on the 1.2 collections framework.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.