ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: handling external resources
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:15:54 GMT
Craeg,

> Our requirements are quite different, but I bet there is a
> design for an <xmldatatype> that could satisfy both requirements.

Probably what you need would be a layer underneith what I am looking
for, but it perhaps it is the best place to start.

> That way you could grab the value of a node out of it using an
> XPath expression.  Is that what you were thinking? That would be
> very useful IMHO.

Wow, that would certainly give you a great deal of flexibility!
What I want to be able to do is manipulate pieces of an XML doc
as objects, but perhaps having the capability you speak of needs
to be in place first.

I wish JAXB were further along. Has anyone played with it in an Ant
context? The short section on JAXB in "Java Development with Ant" is
tantalizing.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services