ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <>
Subject RE: handling external resources
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:04:44 GMT

> I think you'll have to use your best judgement on how to do this -
> but you could still set a project-scoped datatype from within your
> task that later tasks could see, and the user would never see an
> actual datatype declaration.

Thanks, that helps. I really don't want to be wacky, so understanding that
this is a legitimate use of a project-scoped datatype will help me move
ahead with a little more confidence. I am grateful to have ant and want very
much to make a meaningful contribution, but if my code is too far afield it
won't be of use to anyone.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services