ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: handling external resources
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:35:10 GMT
Erik,

Ah, good thought. I want to leverage as much existing ant code as possible
and that may be a way to do it. Is it an inappropriate use of a DataType to
use it in a context where the DataType will never appear in a build.xml
file?

What I am doing (very left field :) ) is writing a framework that leverages
the DynamicConfigurator and allows new tasks to be created via an XML task
definition. The end user of the task will never see this XML file as it will
just be jarred up with any auxilary classes required by the new task. It is
this task definition I am concerned about reloading. In your judgement would
creating a DataType to represent the task definition (which the end user
never sees or knows about) be inappropriate?

Thanks again,

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services