ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject handling external resources
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:14:23 GMT
I am working on a series of ant tasks each of which requires a significant
amount of external configuration via XML files. Since parsing an XML file is
somewhat expensive I thought that perhaps I should keep the java rendering
of that XML configuration around so that when the task is run again the XML
doesn't need to be reparsed. Naturally I thought of creating a singleton
repository for the configuration info, but since Singletons have the
reputation for being evil I am wondering if there is a sanctioned Ant way of
holding on to external resources which may be reused and are expensive to
acquire.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services