ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Package Renaming Task
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:54:16 GMT
Dana,

This sounds like a handy task, Dana. JUnit unit tests are not hard to write.
The article "JUnit Test Infected: Programmers Love Writing Tests"
(http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/testinfected/testing.htm) is a great place
to start. It didn't take me but a few hours to get started with Junit. Once
I had written a few unit tests, I was hooked. I can't imagine coding without
JUnit now.

As I am only beginning to write my own Ant tasks I have not yet learned to
use the testing framework provided as part of Ant. The "Apache Ant Task
Design Guidelines" (http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant_task_guidelines.html)
have a "Test" section which gives some info on getting started with the
existing test code.

I wish I could commit to helping you write the test cases right away.
Unfortunately, I have a full plate now, but perhaps in a few weeks I'd be
able to help with this.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services