ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [embed] Standalone release ?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:31:28 GMT
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:28, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have gump working ( on my own system ), and so far there are no
> > differences. I'll check with Sam about adding them to one of the
> > boxes after I find a clean way to do it ( right now I hacked some
> > files ).
>
> This is how Peter enabled the Myrmidon builds as well ;-)
>
> Basically he added a parameter to the stylesheet that creates the
> build script, should be straight forward reuse that.
>
> I don't think you've addressed "bootstrap Myrmidon and then build
> everything against the new Myrmidon version" with that, Peter?

I had a separate profile to do it. Basically I bootstrapped ant1.x then built
all the required libs (ie bootstrap-excalibur-tar and
bootstrap-excalibur-i18n), built myrmidon and then rebuilt all the libs
(including excalibur-i18n and other bootstrap jars).

There was a bit of duplicity but seemed to work well.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we
cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our
responsibilities." -Josiah Stamp