ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Re: Jar file from Verbose Output
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:41:49 GMT
On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 16:53, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> Hi,
> I propose to create a task that reads in the output
> of java -verbose:class MyApp (stored in a file)
> and create a jar file that contains all the classes
> that were loaded to run MyApp.

Sounds exactly like GenJar. I use GenJar to build jars that contain all
the required class dependencies. It works great for Applets and for
creating self contained jars.

I've got a modified version that will output the classes to disk, so
they can then be obfuscated, or used as the source for the <ejbjar>
task.

The only time I have had a problem with the list of dependencies is with
log4j, Log4j uses dynamic loading of appenders, so the dependencies
can't be determined properly. In this case GenJar allows me to include
the whole log4j.jar into my new jar file, and problem solved.

--
 Jesse Stockall
 jesse@cryptocard.com