ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: xml namespace support in ant2
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:06:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Developers List'" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: xml namespace support in ant2

> You and Costin have done quite of bit of work on the proposals and patches
> you have contributed, and some of them I like quite a bit and wish they
make
> it to Ant proper ASAP, but the silence about all this new code from other
> Ant committers is deafening... Note a single significant comment, not a
> single question or enhancement/change discussion, nothing in the open I
can
> remember beside you and Costin.

I'm watching.  I like costin's embedded stuff. On the subject of the
importing, I dont fully understand all of it enough to judge its merits and
what side effects it implies. This means I need to pull it down, patch it in
and apply it all, and I am behind on other patches, like
    -DD's new XSL for junit report
    -the VB.net stuff

And I'm trying to get in to Axis 1.0 with a few features.

> The HEAD is still mostly equivalent to the 1.5 BRANCH, except for the
> top-level tasks maybe. You can keep on pilling on these great patches of
> yours, but it's not doing much good if nothing happens with them. The
people
> who are willing to assemble a version of Ant from CVS and the patches in
> Bugzila are not that many!
>
> So what's next? I'm still mostly ignorant of the 'rules' of OSS, so maybe
> it's normal, but the current status quo is frustrating to me. --DD

well, we are kind of in a blissful post ant1.5 lull, which is a good time to
start experimenting with things. I'm happy to let people explore stuff. I
think we might create a sandbox area for nicola's work, at the very least.

-steve