ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Mail example
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:35:55 GMT
why, thank you for your correction.

We list the process for changes in

and in

for documentation, we just need a 'cvs diff -u' generated diff file of your
corrected file against the copy on the CVS server, sent as email or (better)
a bugzilla bug report.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anderson, Jeremy" <>
To: "Ant Developers List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 9:20 AM
Subject: [DOCS] Mail example

This is my first post, so please don't flame me if I do it wrong.

I just finished coding an ANT mail target... and in so doing noticed an
error in the documentation example that caused me and extra 5 hrs headache.

it says that <to... should be:

<to name="">
when in fact this causes an email to be sent to a null address.

the correct rendering would be

<to name="xyz list" address="">

I found that a better method altogether is to use the mail attribute
"tolist" even if only for a single recipient.

How do I go about formally submitting a revised version of "mail.html" to
the codebase?

Thanks group,

Jeremy Anderson
AmerisourceBergen Corporation