ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: xml namespace support in ant2
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:05:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannheden@paranor.ch>
To: "'Ant Developers List'" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:20 AM
Subject: RE: xml namespace support in ant2

> > > Other than that you still have to decide on a schema
> > language to use.  I
> > > would argue that RELAX NG would be the most suitable for
> > this kind of stuff.
> > > But I'm not an expert on this, so maybe someone will disagree.
> >
> > For this, DTD is not usable, Schema is possible, but many agree that
> > RELAX NG is the best... if only I knew what it is ;-)

one thing erik and I debated when doing the doc fixup was to include some
tags about whether attrs were
-optional
-required
-required if some other attr was present/absent
-one of a choice allowed

I think RNG has much better support for saying 'attr a is allowed only if
attr b is absent/present', which makes it good for ant.

I'll be saying some bad things about Schema at the Portland .net users group
(web services section) on october 5, [next to some bad things about WSDL,
JAX-RPC, Java support of unsigned datatypes and .NET's lack of support of
Soap with Attachments]. All welcome, anyone who anything to do with the
design of any of the above extra welcome. www.padnug.org.