ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Optional task: Visual Basic.NET compile
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2002 00:12:45 GMT
> > I'd love to have some way to do the equivalent of "Generate
Documentation
> > Web Pages" from Ant.  However, I don't see any easy way to do it.
>
> do mean ant task documentation? proposals/xdocs

What I was desiring was a  C#/VB.Net/J# equivalent of the <javadoc> task.
You can generate for .NET code the rough equivalent of javadoc output using
the "Tools/Generate Comment Web Pages" (or something similar) menu option in
from Visual Studio.NET.  However, there does not appear to be an equivalent
command-line tool, the documentation xml file produced by the C# compiler
does not contain the method signatures that would be necessary to generate
the an equivalent file using XSLT or similar template language, and Doxygen
doesn't support C# yet.

I did a little more digging today and found NDOC
(http://ndoc.sourceforge.net) and the corresponding NAnt task
(http://nant.sourceforge.net/help/tasks/ndoctask.html).  Something like that
would be helpful to have in the .NET tasks.