ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.5.1 release?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:21:24 GMT
Erik, Stefan:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>What is the timeframe for the 1.5.1 release?
> >

> > Seems to stretch even longer the longer we wait with it, no?

I am waiting for Steve to finish <jspc> related
issues.  IIRC, he wanted to do something about it
before 1.5.1 - in fact Ant's nightly tests are
failing on <jspc>.  Do we want to go ahead with
the release anyway?

> >>Do we need to release a second beta before wrapping a 1.5.1 release?

If that is what is felt is necessary, then I will do so.

> > The alternative would be to make a release pretty much now and plan
> > for 1.5.2.

If there are serious enough bugs in 1.5.1, 1.5.2 will not be a
bad idea.

> Without the <fileset file="..."/> I would never use a 1.5.1 release
> personally, but I'm ok with whatever the consensus is as long as we
> release it soon :))
>
> What can I do to help, if anything?

Keep nagging Steve to complete <jspc> fixes ;-)
- or -
Call for a vote to release 1.5.1 (or another beta) without
waiting for the <jspc> fixes.

Cheers,
Magesh