ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attribute naming
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:09:01 GMT
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, <kieran@esperi.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> There is no mention of a preference between "error" and "errorlog".
> Is it ok to have the two as synonyms?

I'd chose one and stick to it.  Neither of both is used by many tasks,
so I don't think there is a strong precedent.

> What about 'dest" and "destdir"?

We seem to prefer destdir and destfile over dest nowadays, but fashion
may change 8-).

> Finally, I saw mention that tasks may disappear in 2.0.  Are there
> guidelines for future-proofing my work anywhere?

In general we may want to move tasks out of Ant's distribution and
into libraries that have their own release cycles.

Talking of a task for subversion, it may be better to bundle it with
subversion than to include it with Ant's distribution.  It would
require a svn command line client (if I understand you correctly)
anyway.

Stefan