ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Subversion in Ant (was Re: Attribute naming)
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:46:03 GMT
Bruce Atherton <> wrote:

> If a Subversion task is not part of Ant, everyone who wants to use
> it has to find the task class in their Subversion installation and
> include a <taskdef> with the appropriate classpath.

The same could be said for each and every other third-party task.

Just to be clear, I'm not completely against bundling a svn task with
Ant, but would really prefer to bundle it with svn - and make it a
good example of a task that comes with the tools it requires.

I'd rather like to see work happen in the antlib area that makes the
pains for a user easier to bear.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message