ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Init order
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:31:58 GMT
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> Any chance on solving the init order problem before your vacation

Will be hard 8-)

> I'm waiting for something - like how do you want to implement import
> and deal with tasks that modify project structure if we use 'init
> after dependency'.

We probably can't, at least I couldn't come up with a solution (apart
from the marker stuff that I don't really like but could live with).

> If you can live with 'init after reading build.xml' - I'll do the
> change to the main branch.

I guess I can live with init after reading build.xml and before
resolving dependencies if it is well documented, I guess.  You need to
run <import> for -projecthelp as well.

> BTW, when is your vacation ?

Very soon now (tm) - I'll be in reach of a computer to jump into my
mail and maybe even apply a patch or two, so I won't be away
completely.  But I'll have to ask explain it to my wife ;-)

Oh, during the next three weeks.

Stefan