ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I create ant task elements nested two or more deep?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:17:10 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> But there is another way to do this with Ant 1.5.  Implement the
> DynamicConfigurator interface to make it more dynamic.  This might be
> overkill for what you're doing, but you ask a generic question, and you
> get a generic answer!  :)  But, seriously, if you need/want to have the
> element names be dynamically available, then DynamicConfigurator is how
> to do it.

Every day there's something new to learn :-)

I didn't know about DynamicConfigurator. I have many classes where
setAttribute() pattern is used - maybe I can enhance it a bit to
actually use introspection and not require the actual interface ?
( i.e. if setAttribute()/createElement() method is found, use it ).
For the main branch at least.

Costin