ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: versioning projects with the ant runner
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:36:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Well, first of all Centipede is changing in these days to use the new
> Ant embed proposal... anyway, here is a brief description for a
> knowledgeble person, who you are.

I plan to propose the embed to the main branch as soon
as I solve few remaining issues ( description, projecthelp ).

There is one more addition I want to make, an updated version of
antlib ( the one in sandbox won't compile since it needs support in
ProjectHelper ).

The antlib ( and possibly jjar, etc ) use is connected with the semantic
for namespaces ( at least each 'antlib' should have a unique ID - either
URI or URL that can be used as a namespace ). Most likely I'll just
add a hook to delegate task location and creation.

This is also usefull for tomcat ( to delegate to StandardClassLoader -
which has some interesting features ).

I'm still working on the details - probably next few weeks I'll post
something. ( I'll also wait for Stefan to return from vacation )

Don't know how this will affect centipede.

Costin