ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: How do I create ant task elements nested two or more deep?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:11:09 GMT
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Ant should simply leverage these API's in the future - or at least I
> hope so.  How about CLI for command-line parsing, for example?

My preference for command line is to use the same 'magic' that ant
is using for tasks.

tomcat -home /opt/tomcat ->  setHome( "/opt/tomcat" ).
tomcat -start  -> setStart( true ).

The method signature is used to find if the arg has params, all the
normal conversions and rules for tasks are used.

It does require that the main class implement the setter patterns,
and it is probably less flexible than CLI.

( IntrospectionUtils in tomcat j-t-c/util is implementing this pattern ).

But I can live with using cli if a majority wants that.

Costin