ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: How do I create ant task elements nested two or more deep?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:36:15 GMT
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
>
> > I didn't know about DynamicConfigurator. I have many classes where
> > setAttribute() pattern is used - maybe I can enhance it a bit to
> > actually use introspection and not require the actual interface ?
> > ( i.e. if setAttribute()/createElement() method is found, use it ).
> > For the main branch at least.
>
> But what if I want an attribute literally called 'attribute' or an
> element called 'element'?

setAttribute(String, String ) is different from setAttribute(String) :-)

Same for createElement(String) and createElement().

> How is what you're proposing an enhancement to this?

Probably not enhancement - just using it in a different way. I personally
preffer writing tasks that don't extend Task - i.e. just regular java
beans that follow ant patterns, but independent of ant.

Costin