ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:37:04 GMT
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Steve Loughran wrote:

> > Does someone know the problem here ? I haven't follow the latest
> discussion
> > about jspc.

I'll try to add some stack traces in jasper. It's most likely a problem
with the classpath - and <javac> doesn't find the compiler ( tools.jar ).

> an error -1 implies that java couldnt start the app; I thought my classpath
> fixes on friday night would have fixed gump, but no.

> The other issue is that CVS_HEAD version of jasperc now has a *different*
> name mangling policy than the 4.0 version. I can change the code in the jspc
> stuff, but I'd like know why it is changing and how stable it will be in
> future.

Good question :-)

I have a feeling it won't change in the future, most issues have been
solved ( the last one was the $ that caused jikes to complain ). The
goal was to have smaller and more predictible names.

Costin