ant-dev mailing list archives

From jlcarpen...@household.com
Subject Arbitrary relative path to CVS(Unix) relative path
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:35:32 GMT

I have a task which requires the user specify a file existing in CVS.
I would like to support the following formats:
directory1/directory2/somefile.txt
directory1\directory2\somefile.txt
and whatever a Mac user might use.  (directory1:directory2:somefile.txt ?)

When I go to query CVS the relative path must be in Unix format
(directory1/directory2/somefile.txt).
The java.io.File object does a great job of producing the native format
from an arbitrary input format.
The problem is I can't seem to get it to produce a specific platform's path
representation.
My guess is there is an easy way to do this with the standard java or ant
libraries, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone help?

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer