ant-dev mailing list archives

From jlcarpen...@household.com
Subject Re: Ant logs when running Junit inside of eclipse
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:59:49 GMT

As a one-off solution I added the following line to the first target of the
xml file driving my particular unit test:
      <record name="groupimporttask.log" loglevel="verbose" />

This seems a rather lame general solution.  How do I generally control what
log file is being written by the default listener when directly running a
junit test?

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer
Household Technical Services
6602 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111

ph: 858-609-2461
email: jlcarpenter@household.com

                           jlcarpenter@household       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                           .com                        cc:

                                                       Subject:       Ant logs when running
Junit inside of eclipse
                           08/15/2002 11:03 AM

                           Please respond to

                           "Ant Developers List"

I have recently switched from Visual Age for Java to Eclipse for developing
CVS related portions of ant tasks I am developing.  (I will still have to
suffer through using VAJ when extending the VAJ related ant tasks.)

Eclipse is one of the best IDE's I have used and certainly the best open
source IDE I have seen.  It has an integrated Junit runner, so running a
particular Junit test is quite trivial.  My problem is that I do not know
where the Ant log file is going.  It isn't showing up on any of the Eclipse
consoles.  It appears that running the unit tests with the Junit runner is
very similar to running the swing junit runner on the command line for a
specific unit test.  Consequently, where the Ant log would show up in that
case will probably provide guidance as to where I should look for it when
running Junit within Eclipse.

Can anyone help me find my log files?

P.S.: Eclipse has Ant integration as well! :)