ant-dev mailing list archives

From jlcarpen...@household.com
Subject Easily compare two XML files
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:04:52 GMT

I have an ant unit test that needs to easily compare two XML files.
I could simply do a standard file comparison, but it would seem a bit more
robust to compare the XML element values instead.

One thought is to make two DOM objects and see if the DOM object has an
appropriate equals method.
I haven't used an XML parser in Java for a year or so, and would like to
avoid spending an hour dragging up the appropriate documentation and
reminding myself of the exact syntax necessary.  Can anyone provide a few
helpers here.  Just knowing where to find documentation for whatever
version of Xerces is in the jar files distributed with Ant would be
helpful.

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer
Household Technical Services