ant-dev mailing list archives

From jlcarpen...@household.com
Subject Re: Reentry problems with CVS task (mabye Execute task used by composition) CORRECTION
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:04:19 GMT

The patch did stop the problems with execute hanging unfortunately the
patch also causes the output of my cvs log command to be prematurely
truncated.  Before applying the patch, my code would hang the second time I
executed the CVS log command but all of the output made it to my parsing
codes input buffer.  I am looking into how to solve this new problem.

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer
Household Technical Services
6602 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111

ph: 858-609-2461
email: jlcarpenter@household.com

                           jlcarpenter@household       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                           .com                        cc:

                                                       Subject:       Re: Reentry problems
with CVS task (mabye Execute task used
                           08/19/2002 01:50 PM                 by composition) SOLVED

                           Please respond to

                           "Ant Developers List"

I ended up having to apply the patches by hand (I think they were meant for
older versions of the PumpStreamHandler and StreamPumper classes) but the
fixes work!

My 'private static PipedInputStream createCvsLogStream(Cvs cvs, String
guideFile)' method works great now, even when called more than once.  The
critical extra lines of code seem to be the:
                  while (inputThread.isAlive()) {
                        inputThread.interrupt();
                        inputThread.join(TIMEOUT);
                  }
stuff.

James Lee Carpenter
Software Engineer
Household Technical Services
6602 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111

ph: 858-609-2461
email: jlcarpenter@household.com

                           "Stephane Bailliez"         To:     "Ant
Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                           <sbailliez@apache.org       cc:

                           >                           Subject:       Re:
Reentry problems with CVS task (mabye Execute task used
                                                               by
composition)
                           08/19/2002 11:32 AM

                           Please respond to