ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: How do I create ant task elements nested two or more deep?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:49:29 GMT
I toyed with DynamicConfigurator one WE a few weeks back to create a DOM
DocumentFragment datatype, and it even worked ;-) It allowed a task to embed
some XML (usually as a sub-element) as XML rather than XML-text in a CDATA
section. Strange but interesting beast, this DynamicConfigurator. --D

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:19 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: How do I create ant task elements nested two or more deep?

Wannheden, Knut wrote:
> Is there any detailed documentation on the DynamicConfigurator?  I just
> noticed that I can use it for DataType objects as well.  Is it specified
> whether the setXXX() or the DynamicConfigurator interface will be used if
> both exist?

There is no other documentation on it really, except for (and thanks for
the plug opportunity!) Java Development with Ant, chapter 19
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1930110588  :))

DynamicConfigurator is used only if there are no corresponding
setters/adders/creators for the provided element name - thats really the
only way it makes sense, so that you can have some fixed
attributes/elements and the rest dynamic.

	Erik