ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: versioning projects with the ant runner
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 20:33:05 GMT
Indeed. I initially didn't understand Diane's post, but somehow Nicola Ken's
mention of doing <xslt> before <include> made the spark fire my only neuron.

You can <property file="..."/> at the top-level to load the property file
defining the build.version property. Then simply <include
file="build-${build.version}.xml /> the right build.xml for the version to
build currently. And you included entities can also use <import>. So you
end-up with one minimalist build.xml, just loading the right build-XXX.xml.

Pretty neat indeed.

And as Nicola Ken realized as well (thanks for sharing it BTW ;-), the
ability to <style> one build file to <include> also opens up the horizon,
and enables unforeseen (I believe at least) possibilities. That makes me
kind of change my mind (favoring them. Not that it matters ;-) about
top-level tasks.

Just random thoughts... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:15 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: versioning projects with the ant runner

I think <include> task that Costin is working on will take care of this
sort of thing, since it allows you to reference properties. (Of course, if
you're only needing to build one version of your app per workspace, you
can avoid the whole issue and just let your SCM do the work for you :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)