ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shamberger, Michael" <Michael.Shamber...@starwoodhotels.com>
Subject websphere ejbjar issues with sun jdk
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:50:14 GMT
Hi,

In the ant documentation for the websphere ejbjar task it states that this
particular ant task will only work with the ibm jdk.  I was wondering if
their was more information available on this such as attempts to resolve the
issue.  I was not able to find a bug entered with Sun.  I am able to call
the websphere ejbdeploy.bat script from the command line with the sun
jdk1.3.1 compiler and generate an ejb.

[ejbdeploy] Invoking RMIC.
[ejbdeploy] java.lang.ClassFormatError: com/ibm/ejs/container/EJSWrapper
(Illegal UTF8 string in constant pool)
[ejbdeploy]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
[ejbdeploy]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:488)
[ejbdeploy]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ClassPathLoader.findClass(ClassPathLoader.java:29)
[ejbdeploy]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:294)
[ejbdeploy]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:250)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.loadClass(CompoundType.java:309)
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.Type.initClass(Type.java:959)
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.Type.setRepositoryID(Type.java:976)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.initialize(CompoundType.java:750)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.initialize(ImplementationType.java:185)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.forImplementation(ImplementationType.ja
va:81)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.makeType(CompoundType.java:880)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ClassType.initParents(ClassType.java:186)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.initialize(ImplementationType.java:145)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.forImplementation(ImplementationType.ja
va:81)
[ejbdeploy]     at
sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.StubGenerator.getTopType(StubGenerator.java:121)
[ejbdeploy] error: An error has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug
report (http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi).
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.iiop.Generator.generate(Generator.java:257)
[ejbdeploy] 1 error
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.doCompile(Main.java:521)
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.compile(Main.java:128)
[ejbdeploy]     at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.main(Main.java:756)
[ejbdeploy] [*Error] An unexpected exception was thrown.  Halting execution.