ant-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Maffeis <maff...@cae.com>
Subject RE: Problem compiling Fortran files using gcc compiler and cpptas ks
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:10:47 GMT
Steve, Martin,

Thanks for you comments... Changing the code to OO is not an option for us,
so I might end up writing an adapter for Fortran to use with cpptasks.

What I don't understand is why did the design of the gcc compiler of
cpptasks pre-defines only the .c, .cpp, etc extensions when the standard gcc
compiler will support Fortran as well (BTW, I am not a java guru, so I might
be missing something...). Wouldn't have been better to add Fortran
functionality in gcc and df compilers of cpptasks?

Patricia