ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: DynamicConfigurator passing fully qualified class name
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:23:09 GMT
Erik,

>I'm confused by what you are asking here.  FQN of what exactly?  The
>class that is implementing the DynamicConfigurator interface (you have
> that already)?

Sorry to be unclear.

All I was suggesting is that IntrospectionHelper.createElement could check
to see of the tag is already associated with a class via <typedef> or
<taskdef> and, if so, pass in a FQN to
DynamicConfigurator.createDynamicElement(String name) since that will reduce
ambiguity.

On second thought, perhaps it would be better to have a signature
DynamicConfigurator.createDynamicElement(ProjectComponent pc)and pass in an
instantiated ProjectComponent when we can do so instead of calling the
signature that takes a String.

I suggest this because it seems to me that instantiate a Task or DataType in
createDynamicElement(String name) will be done so frequently that it should
be "pulled up" into IntrospectionHelper.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.