ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] - Doxygen - New Ant task - A Doc. gen. tool
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:58:22 GMT
Hi Karthik (hi Erik :-)),

The reason, why we accepted "non-standard" 3rd party product dependent tasks
in the past was, that Ant (1.2) still wasn't that popular way back when and
to make the standard Ant more useful for more people comitted/developed
tasks like ANTLR, PVCS, StarTeam, VisualAge, WebLogic and so on...

Now, that Ant has become kind of standard more and more 3rd party products
want to bekome Ant-complient and started to implement their own tasks and
ship them with thier product. Another reason is, that we do not want to blow
up our optional jar. It has become pretty big though, but as I told you...
;-).

So I'd propose you should send your task to the Doxygen-Community first, ok
:-)!

Greetings,
Chirs