ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jani Kaarela <janikaar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trouble writing a FilterReader
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:07:31 GMT
(Uh, there was a "slight" delay, but I'm working on my
FilterReader again...)

I'm actually altering an existing FilterReader which
doesn't take any attributes or nested elements. Can I
have BOTH attributes and nested elements?

Did I understand you correctly: expanding
BaseParamFilterReader rules out the possibility of
using nested elements other than params? What about
attributes?

What I would like to achieve is:
<myfilter attrib="foo">
  <nestedelem value="bar"/>
</myfilter>

Thanks,

Jani

--- Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> How do you declare your filterreader in your
> build.xml file?  Do you wish to use it in the long
> form (recommended):
>
>     <filterreader
> classname="your.extension.of.java.io.FilterReader">
>       <param name="foo" value="bar"/>
>     </filterreader>
>
> or do you wish to use the short form syntax (for
> which you would need to alter

jakarta-ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\types\FilterChain.java)