ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: bug i uptodate???
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:08:25 GMT
--- Kasper Nielsen <knielsen@apache.org> wrote:
> Im having some problems with the uptodateproperty, as I understand, it
> simply compares the dates of the files.
> If that is so, howcome uptodate.classes isn't set in this little
> sample??
[...]
> <sleep seconds="1"/>
> <touch file="${basedir}/src/build.xml"/>
> <sleep seconds="1"/>
> <touch file="${basedir}/target/build.xml"/>
> <uptodate property="uptodate.classes" targetfile="${basedir}\target">
>    <srcfiles dir= "${basedir}\src"/>
> </uptodate>

Because you're not checking the timestamp of target/build.xml against the
files in "src"-- you're checking the timestamp of "target" (the directory)
against them. If you're looking to check if all the files in the "target"
directory are newer than all the files in the "src" directory, you'd need
to specify <srcfiles> with a <mapper>, not a 'targetfile' attribute.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)