ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] AntJMX
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:03:23 GMT
I like all of this.  I will repeat my previous assertion that ant has a
great deal of functionality overlap with jmx and that ant 2 would be
considerably simpler if it consisted of several mbeans to be run inside a
jmx mbean server.

For comparison, the jboss xml format for specifying an mbean and its
initial configuration is something like this:

<mbean code="org.somewhere.MyClass" name="myjmx.module:service=DoItNow">
  <attribute name="att1">value</attribute>
  <attribute name="att2">value2</attribute>
</mbean>

There are also ways to include constructor arguments and references to
other mbeans (via ObjectNames) are handled in a special way.

These is some discussion as to the appropriateness of including both the
existence and configuration of an mbean in the same configuration, but it
works fairly well for us.

Thanks
david jencks